Tuesday 27 August 2013

What's in a name?

Soleil femme. That is the title of my blog.

Loosely translated, it means 'sun lady' and as those closest to me know, I love the sun. I took French as a subject in high school, at IGCSE level, and have been fortunate enough to visit France. The trip was wonderful, it was empowering to be able to converse (in a somewhat basic manner) with the locals. I visited Paris, the Beaujolais wine region and the French Riviera. Sampled snails, frogs legs and champagne (not sparkling wine - the real deal). I climbed the Arc de Triomphe, and took the lift to the top of the Eiffel Tower, and both landmarks yielded the most beautiful views of Paris. You could say that vacation in August 2010 is when one of my dreams came true. I'd made it! Three years of French classes and listening intently to the teacher, Ms Eberbach, talk about the charm of the country and I'd just experienced it for myself. Elation. Happiness is...

Ok, so I've gotten slightly off track here but now I'm sure you can understand my passion for France, and therefore it seemed only fitting to have an adequately titled blog.

Here are some pictures of the abovementioned trip:

                                                                     








That's about it for today, check back soon for a new post.

Simone

No comments:

Post a Comment