Wednesday 11 September 2013

I Just Don't Want to

Have you ever been invited to an event/party/concert/movie/festival that you really really have no interest in? And instead of being honest and saying "Nah, that's not really my scene", you come up with an excuse. A lame one.

Like...

"My dog is going through a rough phase right now and I need to spend quality time with him/her." Or "I've already committed myself to going curtain shopping with my mom."

Why do we behave like this in this day and age? Why do we need to lie to cover up our true feelings of just not wanting to attend the event in questions? The answer is we don't. We're all adults and if your friend/sibling/coworker is offended by your honest reply of "I just don't want to", then he/she is not very considerate of you. 

Too bad, so sad. They'll get over it. Remember, what goes around comes around and that person will probably experience something similar in the near future, and then he/she will understand.

So, be honest. If it's not your thing - say so. Life is too short to do things they don't want to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment