Tuesday 3 September 2013

Surprising Angie on her Birthday

Yesterday, the 2nd of September, one of my nearest and dearest friends celebrated her 29th birthday.

Roger (Angie's fiancee) and Jackie (Angie's sister) organised for Angie to go sky diving on Sunday for her birthday, but unfortunately I was unable to watch her jump (too much of a wuss to go skydiving myself) due to other commitments.

So, Jackie and I hashed a plan together that involved me meeting them for lunch at the restaurant in the business park complex. Jackie told Ange the two of them would go for a quick lunch to celebrate her birthday, and then she'd walk in and see me sitting at a table. This plan worked in theory, but not in practice as Ange didn't even see me in the restaurant (even though I had helium filled balloons tied to her chair and a bunch of flowers on the table) and proceeded to sit down at some random empty table, much to Jackie's and my amusement. After sitting down at the right table, Ange asked me "What are you doing here?" to which I responded "I've come to have lunch with you on your birthday!"




We had a lovely afternoon, and thanks to our very accommodating waitress, everything ran smoothly and Angie and Jackie were back at their office at 2pm. I found a singing birthday candle at Cardies and improvised with a choc chip muffin for the "cake".




Happy birthday Ange, last one as a Miss and next year is the big 3-0!

No comments:

Post a Comment