Tuesday 1 October 2013

A Mosaic Tray for Jenny's Birthday

Firstly, allow me to apologise for my absence and subsequent non existing blogging. I have been writing end of year exams which have just about consumed me. I wrote the last one today so at least life can return to normal now.

Onwards (march!)

Earlier this month, my close friend Jenny celebrated her birthday. We met at high school (Ashton College) in 2000 and became fast friends. Since then we have shared good times and bad times, and as it happens we've even drifted apart for a while but we'd always reconnect. Jenny is an actuary (yes my friend the genius!) for a well known short term insurer in Centurion, and is married to Bevan (salesman of high repute) who originally hails from East London.

Jen & Bev were married on the 31st of December 2009 at Mangwa Valley Game Lodge near Hammanskraal. Yes, a new year's wedding and it was absolutely stunning. Being mid summer the heat was something else but that didn't deter Jen and she remained in her wedding gown the entire evening. Guests admired the beautiful table centre
pieces, and who could forget their legendary first dance? Well done team Webb, we loved it. 

In January 2012 I took up mosaicing. After starting out slowly, with chipboard animals I progressed to trays. And yes, they must be used to serve. I have made a few couples a tray as a gift in the past and reckon it's becoming a tradition. 

So I made Jen a tray as a birthday gift.

Step one: boarder and heart and photographs


                                                              Step two: filler tiles


Step three: grout, paint and seal.



Unfortunately the flash reflects off the glass surface hence not being able to produce a decent photograph.

Hope you like it Jen, and Angie - your tray is coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment