Wednesday 27 August 2014

How I Spent my Birthday

I took a day's leave from work and...

Went for an early morning walk.

Hint of sunrise



Got spoiled (flowers from Angie and the camera from mom & William).



Enjoyed some pampering at Pumula Beauty Salon.



Donated a pint of blood at the South African National Blood Service. There was also good news at the blood bank in that my health has improved quite a bit since the last time I donated in 2010. From nearly failing the iron test, and taking close on 45 minutes to fill the bag I was in and out in 30 minutes.



Then mom and I bought some blankets, bowls, collars, leads, food and harnesses and toys and donated them to the Kempton Park SPCA. We then volunteered for a few hours at the sanctuary, mainly walking the dogs, feeding them dog biscuits and giving all the dogs and cats some love. It really is sad to see that so many pets are without homes but they are in good hands at the various rescue centres around the country.



Thereafter we had some tea and cake at the Mugg & Bean.



Then ended the day off with dinner at Fahrenheit.




I had such an awesome birthday, and loved giving back to those in need. I challenge everyone to support a worthy cause on their own birthday. It does not matter how small the gesture, it will make the world of difference to those affected and effected.

There was also good news at the blood bank in that my health has improved quite a bit since the last time I donated in 2010. From nearly failing the iron test, and taking close on 45 minutes to fill the bag I was in and out in 30 minutes.

Thank you to everybody that wished me, I loved reading each and every message and chatting to the callers.

Here's to the start of a fantastic year!

No comments:

Post a Comment