Monday 25 August 2014

On the Eve of my 28th Birthday

Another year has zoomed by (ringing some truth into the phrase that time flies by after the age of 25) and tomorrow I will be 28. Wow, when I was younger anyone over 25 was deemed OLD!

28.Two years away from the big 3-0.

It is around this time that the average person starts thinking of everything they wanted to do before attaining the age in question, but have not due to whatever reason.


This past year has been a really good one for me. I have ticked off most of my goals for 2014 (save and except for the scuba diving course that I really still want to do) so therefore it has been a productive year.


A few things I can say about getting older is that:-
1) Sleeping past 7am on a weekend is damn near impossible (and staying up after 11pm is a record); 

2) You realize who and what makes you happy (and who/what doesn't);
3) The realization that you need to look after yourself (there's no such thing as a soul transplant) Eat healthy, exercise regularly, reduce alcohol consumption, etc; and 
4) Listening to your own instincts or intuition is more reliable than any prior knowledge.


If I think of how different my life at 27 compared to my mom's life at 27, there is really no comparison. My mom had been married for six years, had a three and a half year old daughter. She was also a widow at that age. I am neither a wife nor a mother, and have thankfully been spared the heartache of losing my significant other. Our experiences up till now have been extremely different, but I am so lucky to have my mom. I have learnt ALOT from her

Goals for my 29th year on Earth:

1) Do that scuba diving course! 

2) Travel to Egypt and visit the Pyramids & Valley of the Kings;
3) Be a better person than I am today; and
4) Develop Soleil-Femme (a logo and official hosting would be a nice facelift)

Where's that chocolate cake?


No comments:

Post a Comment